miércoles, 15 de junio de 2011

Holidays and Celebrations

Teacher Doris ask us to do 3 holidays and celebrations: One personal, one local and one international. This are the topics that I choose.

Personal Celebration: My/Friends Birthday
 Like I already said in my previous post, I usually go out with my family and we have lunch on house the family the my boyfriend or another site of my election. But the most awesome part is to share it with my boyfriend.

This was my favorite birthday gift of this year, is a guitar and  is beautiful.

If we don't buy a cake, we make it ourselves. Then we make lunch toguether (but if we are tired, we gave up and go out to buy something) Our oldest tradition, and the most awesome of them all is that we made homemake birhtday cards, in wich we write something special for the birthday girl.

                                            Local Celebration: Holy Week/Easter


In Venezuela, Easter is the holiest of Christian period that happens on Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday. During this period, is when you live more intensely in Christianity, since in this time commemorating the Passion, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

                                                    INTERNATIONAL: Christmas

My family and I celebrate Christmas at my grandparents’ house in Barinas every year. We buy new clothes and shoes to look pretty well. Also we buy bread and wine to share with family. In Christmas dinner we eat hallacas, salad, pork and chicken filling, accompanied with background music from the radio at low volume. After dinner we take some photos and we wait until 12:00am to the familiar’s hug and to place the image of baby Jesus in the manger.
 
 this is what we eat at Christmas


See you guys!!


Name: Yourlaineth morillo
ID Number: 20.861.436
Section: D - 291
ENGLISH II

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario